Looking at its structure, it can be said that Bhamashah Yojana is one of the stepping stones towards achieving the objective of financial inclusion.
The two base pillars of the Bhamashah Yojana are women empowerment and financial inclusion through Direct Benefit Transfer. It was envisaged in 2008 and restructured in 2014 by Smt Vasundhara Raje-led Rajasthan government.
Bhamashah Yojana aims at :
- Women Empowerment by making them financially able through transferring benefits in their account
- Financial inclusion in the State
- Transfering all cash and non-cash benefits directly to the bank accounts
- Collecting all resident data to ensure benefits are provided to the actual beneficiaries
Bhamashah Card is also linked to the biometric verified Aadhar Card which allows people to avail benefits without any proxy withdrawals.
The Scheme aims to strengthen the participation of women within the family and society.
The Government of Rajasthan has brought a shift by making women the beneficiary under the Yojana. A woman is the head of the family and all the cash and non-cash benefits are transferred to her bank account.
- The Scheme issues ‘Bhamashah Card’ on the name of the woman head of the family.
- Around 1.5 crore women have been enrolled under the Scheme.
- As an encouraging incentive, government credits Rs 1,500 to every account which they can use for their welfare.
- Bhamashah Scheme issues two type of cards – one is Family Card which carries information of every member with the head of the family and the other is an Individual Card.
The Government of Rajasthan understands the need of the hour and has thus created a transparent and efficient system for enrolment to the Bhamashah Yojana.
- One can use the online method where e-Mitra can make enrollment process by entering basic and bank details.
- On the portal, one can easily click on “Enrollment” and fill the details as directed in form.
- On the Bhamashah portal, one can also receive acknowledgment receipt, add a member, edit information, upload any document and can find the status of card. See the picture:
- The Aadhar Card should be linked with Bhamashah Card.
- The Government organises registration/enrollment camps in every Gram Panchayat and wards for rural and urban area respectively.
- If changes are required after the enrollment, the information can be edited on the online portal, mobile app and through e-Mitra or Atal Sewa Kendra.
The bank account associated with Bhamashah Card is eligible to receive all cash and non-cash benefits provided under various government schemes. It comprises both individual and family beneficiary schemes.
|Social Security Scheme||NREGA Payments||Various Education Scholarships|
|Ration Distribution||Janani Suraksha Yojana||Public Distribution System|
|Unemployment Allowance||Skill Training||Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana|
|Indira Awaas Yojana|
Bhamashah Yojana is a Hub of Resident Data
Not only does Bhamashah Card provide benefits to the beneficiary, but also acts as a platform for gathering resident data of the State.
- Bhamashah Card contains information about every family member through Family and Individual card and hence this resident data hub is known as “Single Source of Truth”.
- Every family is being mapped to prepare a unique data-set so that every department has the access to the beneficiaries for any particular scheme entitlement.
The objective of this database aggregation is to identify the beneficiaries of the scheme and preparing a transparent system for the transfer of all the benefits.
Bhamashah Scheme emphasises on accommodating the Direct Benefit Transfer to a single account. It also ensures the leakage control in allotted money to the beneficiaries of particular benefit. The Yojana has been framed for every citizen of Rajasthan and not just the poor and the inderprivileged.
Significant changes have been made to rural Rajasthan as Gram Panchayats are becoming mini banks and Micro ATMs are serving within the periphery of various regions.
Bhamashah Yojana has benefitted over 1.28 crore families with more than 4.54 crore members. The Government has set up more than 26,000 PoS machines at ration outlets.
These figures are increasing every day, marking the success of this visionary project of the Government of Rajasthan.