Royal richness, cultural abundance, land of brave Rajputana stories, opulent folk arts, magnificent forts and palaces sums up one state which makes me proud to be called as #ProudRajasthani. A royal saga which enthralls everyone’s heart. I am Hemant Singh from Rajasthan.
I am a Rajasthani, though earlier I didn’t have a valid proof, just a domicile certificate which obviously was kept back home in an almirah. I got to know about Bhamashah Yojana, a pioneer initiative of Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje under which Bhamashah card is being issued. Bhamashah card is a valid proof of being a resident of Rajasthan. But then, I was in denial and didn’t want to get a Bhamashah card issued. Why do I need a Bhamashah card? The benefits of the card soon start to unfold themselves and I have listed the multi-purpose benefits of Bhamashah card below:
- Driving license: I have applied for my driving license with Bhamashah card as an essential ID proof. I also got my registration certificate for the vehicle I bought last year . http://bit.ly/2j8rsdC
- Gas Connection: My neighbour got their gas connection by submitting a copy of their Bhamashah card as a valid photo ID and residence proof.
- Opening Bank Account: I opened my salary account in a nationalised bank through Bhamashah card. It is an authentic KYC document that serves as both proof of identity and proof of address.
- Tenant verification: My colleague gave a copy of Bhamashah card with the tenants verification form http://bit.ly/2iVeJgX .
- Pre-Metric & Post-Metric Scholarship: My neighbour’s son is availing pre-metric scholarship benefit.
- Social Security Scheme: The baby sitter’s mother at my aunt’s place is withdrawing pension regularly after she registered her name in Bhamashah Yojana. This card, apart from being an Identity card, highlights individual’s entitlements like pension, MGNREGA payments.
- Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana (BSBY): BSBY is web-based application for implementation of Health Insurance Scheme including claim and payment for the insurance.
Myths of Bhamashah Card:
- Bhamashah card means BPL card: Bhamashah card is an authentic document for all the residents of Rajasthan. Under the scheme, entire family is mapped and single unique data of the residents of the State is generated.
- Bhamashah card is only for females: It is one of its kind scheme where all cash and non-cash benefits is transferred to the individuals or family account, irrespective of their gender.
- Bhamashah card covers accidental insurance: Under the broad umbrella of Bhamashah Yojana, Bhamashah Swasthaya Bima Yojana facilitates implementation of Health Insurance Scheme. A health insurance cover of Rs 30,000 is being provided for general illnesses and Rs 3 lakh for critical illnesses is being provided to BPL families. However, BSBY doesn’t cover accidental insurance.