“To educate a society, educate women” this statement cannot be ruled out. The growth of any society depends on how much liberate, educated and independent women are there in the society.
Recognising their power and role, the Government of Rajasthan led by a woman Chief Minister Smt. Vasundhara Raje has come up with various women-oriented schemes. These schemes are extensively catering the services and benefits across the women of Rajasthan.
The mortality rate of the girl child is one of the stigmas for the society and to address this serious issue, the Government of Rajasthan formulated a scheme which not only encourages the birth of girl child but makes them empower through a good education.
This scheme is Mukhya Mantri Rajshree Yojana. Mukhya Mantri Rajshree Yojana was presented in the annual budget 2016-17 on the occasion of International Women ’s Day i.e. 8th March 2016 by CM Smt. Vasundhara Raje. The major concern of the government towards girl child is to provide them with a better health, life and education.
Under this scheme, the Government of Rajasthan will provide financial support to the girl children and their families for their education. Due to various reasons, the drop out percentage is very high of the girl student and to prevent this, financial aid plays a major role for their parents too.
Eligibility for the scheme:
- Only girl children are eligible for this scheme
- Girl child must be born in Rajasthan state
- Girls born on or after 1st June 2016 will be eligible for benefits under Mukhya Mantri Rajshree Yojana.
How to apply for Mukhya Mantri Rajshree Yojana:
- Applicant should contact government hospitals
- Applicant should contact health officer related to districts/Taluka in Rajasthan
- Applicant should contact collector office, zilla parishad, gram panchayat, health officer or education officer.
Documents required for Mukhya Mantri Rajshree Yojana:
- Aadhaar card
- Bhamashah card
- Residential proof
- Birth certificate of a girl child
- Passport size photos
- Bank account details
- Every parent will be benefitted with Rs. 50,000 for education and health of girl child.
- This amount is divided into different steps:
- At the time of birth- 2500
- In the first year of vaccination- 2500
- At the time of admission in Class 1st – 4000
- At the time of admission in Class 6th – 5000
- At the time of admission in Class 10th– 11,000
- At passing in Class 12th– 25,000
Rajshree Yojana in number:
Every girl child is special and deserves good health, education and life to shape up a good future. Mukhya Mantri Rajshree Yojana is one platform which is collectively serving these benefits to the all eligible girl children. The Government of Rajasthan has a holistic approach towards women welfare and this is scheme is one of the branches of the tree of women empowerment.