RajNet was launched by honorable CM Vasundhara Raje on 21st March, 2016 on the occasion of Rajasthan IT Day. Earlier there was a lack of connectivity for remote departmental offices and outposts as well as the absence of centralized Integrated Network Operating Centre. But with the launch of the project, there is adequate connectivity till Gram Panchayat Level through LAN/SWAN/Broadband/Over The-Air/Satellite.
RajNet is envisaged as the platform to provide network connectivity through multi-mode (i.e. VSAT and Terrestrial) of connectivity throughout Rajasthan state. It is also proposed to establish centralized, integrated network operating center (CINOC) for monitoring of multi-mode connectivity in the state.
RajNET facilitates voice, video and data connection, enabling effective delivery of citizen services like Bhamashah, e-Mitra and MNREGS across the state. It is a multi-mode connectivity network connecting Jaipur with all 9,894 Gram Panchayats and 183 Municipal Areas in Rajasthan.
- RajNet is an umbrella network connected with existing networks like RajSWAN, SecLAN, etc.
- It has Multimodal connectivity like VSAT, Captive OFC, RF and terrestrial connectivity, monitored through a Centralised Integrated Network Operating Centre
- The project has also ensured IP telephony to be established till Gram Panchayat level – also the first in India
- Extend connectivity up to Gram Panchayats through VSATs
- Establishment of CAPTIVE HUB for VSAT connectivity.
- Establishment of terrestrial link connectivity and bandwidth up to Gram Panchayats/End-office.
- Establishment of centralized, integrated network operation center (CINOC).
- RajNET facilitates voice, video and data connection, enabling effective delivery of citizen services like Bhamashah, e-Mitra and MNREGS across the state.
- RajNET enables video conferencing with interlocutors at different locations.
- RajNET provides connectivity for remote departmental offices/out-posts.
- The Rajasthan Network provides Seamless connectivity to Gram Panchayat Level through LAN/SWAN/Broadband/Over-The-Air/Satellite